Klimper's piano roll provides you with visual guides on a note's stability in regard to your songs harmony:
To zoom along the timeline, press
- [CTRL] + [+]/[-] on Windows
- [command] + [+]/[-] on macOS
If you're using a trackpad, you can use the pinch gesture as well.
To zoom in/out along the pitch, press
- [ALT] + [CTRL] + [+]/[-] on Windows
- [option] + [command] + [+]/[-] on macOS
If you're using a trackpad, you can hold down [alt/option] while pinching.
Inserting / Removing Notes
- click to enter a new note
- double-click to delete a single note
- press [DEL] to delete selected notes
- click on a note to select it
- click into empty space between notes to deselect
- hold [Shift] to select additional notes
- Rectangle-Select: Hold down left mouse button in empty space
Make sure note placement editing is engaged:
Hold down the mouse button on a note and drag it to the desired location.
Make sure note placement editing is engaged, as above. Hold down the left mouse button on the beginning or end of a note and drag it to the apply the desired length.
Make sure note velocity editing is engaged:
Hold down the left mouse button on a note and drag up to increase or down to decrease velocity. Whenever you lift your mouse button, you will hear a preview of the note at the current velocity.
If enabled, snapping is applied to all note placement changes. You can change the snapping setting in the top bar: